Friday, April 29, 2005

REVIEW: Revenge of the Sith

In keeping with my desire to post and run, I just wanted to point everyone to Kevin Smith's SPOILER-FILLED Revenge of the Sith review.

He gives away a whole bunch of stuff, so don't go if you want to be surprised. But for those who want to know what he thought, here's the (toned down) opening:



- "Revenge of the Sith" is, quite simply f---ing awesome. This is the "Star Wars" prequel the haters have been bitching for since "Menace" came out, and if they don't cop to that when they finally see it, they're lying. As dark as "Empire" was, this movie goes a thousand times darker ...


I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Smith's movies, but I've noticed that he, unlike many other professional reviewers, actually gets what Lucas is trying to do. He liked the first film, but thought it flawed in many ways. He recognized the more subtle aspects of Episode II that most critics seemed to have missed. All in all, I think he's probably a pretty good judge for a Star Wars movie.

Personally, I can't wait.

No comments: